09 July, 2014

Birthday Burgers

Last night was a night of good food and good company! It was a friend's birthday and she fancied a low key night at the Handmade Burger Co.

"...a restaurant that would make everything by hand, using only the freshest & finest ingredients in the land" (from the website) 

You can see everything being made in the open plan kitchen and I can recommend the Cajun spiced chips!

 http://handmadeburger.co.uk/our-food/menu/ - Check out the menu.

At the end of the meal it was the present swap. I do like to give my own handmade gifts when I can, it always feels a bit more personal and special, plus I feel like I have achieved something! Whether I'm learning a new skill or getting better at an old one.


This is the hand stamped spoon I gave as one of the birthday gifts - this is only my second attempt, it is definitely a working progress, so be kind! - a simple 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' and I also stamped her name on the handle but blurred it out for my friend's privacy.


My previous stamping attempt involved a fork but it was even worse than the spoon so I won't make it worse with pictures.....I am aspiring to get all the letters at least straight and even! But it is a working progress. I did find some great hints and tips though while I was researching so I will follow up with a tutorial soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment